Friday, January 14, 2011

You Don't Know ME!



It's Five Question Friday! I've had a few people ask me about 5QF, so here's the deal. Every Friday I visit Mama M's blog, Five Crooked Halos. Nine times out of nine I forget to copy and paste her little sticker so people who aren't familiar with the blog can go visit. Sorry Mama ;) Anyway, she puts up five questions, and everyone who wants to join the fun answers the questions and links up at her blog! It's lots of fun, and there are lots of people who answer the questions, so more opportunities to connect.  That's the deal. And I LOVE it!

So, now that you know what's up. Here it is :)

P.S. did ya know it's FRIDAY????  I just love Fridays! I even "less than" "three" them :) I amp; hearts semicolon them! Ok ok I'm done I swear.

1. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?

Ooh you know I'm going to have more than one, right? Movies are like books for me, many times after I've seen them, even if I like them, I don't want to watch them again. There are a few, however, that I will watch endlessly. Some of those are: Juno, Hope Floats, My Best Friend's Wedding, Sweet Home Alabama, The Hangover, The Recruit, Twister, The Notebook, The Family Stone, and 27 Dresses. I know, mostly romantic comedies. I can't help it. I love them. And I love Dermot Mulroney. If you don't know that already, (yells in a tearful voice) YOU JUST DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!  Ok. Drama over.


2. What's your biggest pet peeve right now?
Oooooh it is and always has been S#!% talkers. Not just your harmless gossiping granny, no. I'm talking about the hardcore ones. The ones who secretly read your blog and pick out anything they can find to make into a big deal, or say "OMG did you know..." to someone else. The ones who try to be your Facebook friend just to snoop. The ones who report every status update you write (OMG did you hear Andrea should be cleaning the kitchen but she's watching Julie and Julia instead?) to everyone they know. People who hear a rumor about you and spread it just because it "could" be true, and they want to be the first to say "I knew that!"  People who talk crap about you and say you have no life when they spend their life collecting obscure information on other people. People who think a 'good story' is more important than someone else's life and well-being. Grrr. I don't let them deter me, though. Nope. I just keep on writing, and would like them to know that anything I post on my blog is obviously not a secret, so gabbing it around town does nothing but make you look stupid. Just sayin'.  Whew! I feel better! Are you still reading? Still with me? What a loyal reader you must be! Or...you haven't found any good gossip yet and you just KNOW it's right around the corner, dontcha?


3. If you had to describe your best friend in five words or less, what would you say?
WHAT! If you even think you can limit me to a five word answer, you're crazy! First of all, let's establish the best friend. The Mister and I had this conversation a while back. He said, "Who would you say is your best friend right now?" knowing I have bffs of different degrees and times. I said, "Jamie. Who's yours?"  He delivered a gut punch with his answer "I was gonna say you, baby."  I then had to back-pedal and explain he was obviously my best friend, my lover, my soul-mate. He is the obvious given, so I was going to the next-in-line. But let's face it. As connected at the soul as we may be, and as much as he knows and loves me, there are some things just not fit for him. For example, my crampy uterus. Clothes shopping. Purse problems. Bras. Therefore, I declare my best friend Jamie. Because she's been there through most everything in my life, and we still talk every day. Because she cares about my crampy uterus and doesn't become irritated when I whine about anything and everything on a bad day.

Now. Five words.

1. FUN - We always have a blast, even if we do absolutely NOTHING.
2. Giving - She is that person who would drop everything to help someone she cares about. She loves to give gifts, give her time, and give love. She's that friend you can always count on hands-down for anything.
3. Loving - She is one of those people who LOVES the people she loves. For better or worse, even when they stomp on her, she loves hard. Her hugs are full of love and that makes them extra special!
4. Beautiful - She doesn't always see it herself, but she's beautiful. She's pretty on the outside, and on the inside, too!
5. Understanding - She's my person. The one I can tell the whole truth. I can tell her all my problems, even when they're my fault, and she understands. She knows I'm a brat sometimes, and she accepts it. She understands even when my brattiness is what gets me in trouble. And she never tries to parent me. She loves me for me and that's the best!


4. If you did not have to worry about money or go to school what would you do for a living?
I'd stay home. And I'd probably have more kids. Because if money isn't an issue, and I'm going to make a career out of staying home, there's no sense in sending my child off to school and not having more. But I do have to worry about money.

I'd also really like to study psychology a little more and possibly get a job in that area. I think I'd like doing family therapy or being a social worker for an adoption agency. Again, if money and school weren't factors. In real life I don't think I could handle going back to school.


5. What is your one "splurge" item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?
As far as groceries go, I'm with Mama. Always buy Cottonelle. Always. I also buy Hiland milk no matter what, and Welch's 100% grape juice (another thing you HAVE to know about me or else you JUST DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!)

My other thing is Silver jeans. But, I don't like to spend my own money on them. I'm kind of a snob, though, and usually I will go without new jeans if I can't have Silvers. Probably why I don't have many pairs of jeans these days ;)  I could lose about 25 lbs so I could fit into my BKE jeans again........ya right.


Speaking of jeans, I'm going to go get myself ready for FRIDAY and slip into my newest pair I bought (thanks to Darrell and Patty..Merry Christmas to me!). Have a super great Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am your newest follower...
    Just dropping in to let you know, I have an early entry form posted for a HUGE giveaway package! Worth over $400!
    We Don't Have It All Together It's the top post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you're putting on your jeans again. I like a lot of the same romantic comedies you do! Great post and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete