Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Powdered Paranoia

I stepped into the kitchen and saw them staring at me. You know that feeling when you're not looking at someone, but you can FEEL them looking at you? Yeah. It was like that. I could tell they were crowded around the little window, just watching my every move, willing me to turn around and open the door.

I brushed past them without a glance, but inside they were all I could think about. I put two pieces of whole-wheat bread in the toaster and I waited.

Still they sat, motionless, watching my every move. Tempting me. Begging me to fall. They tried looking friendly and docile, but I know inside they were laughing and plotting against me. They were hoping to trick me with their look of innocence, then laugh in my face when I fell for it.

Their nutrition information was cleverly hidden from my view.

Their soft, powdery surfaces were pressed against the clear plastic, taunting my tastebuds from afar.


My face remained stone-cold, I showed no emotion, yet inside my mouth begged me to open them.

"COME ON! JUST ONE! One won't hurt! You can work it off later! PLEASE!"

I resisted, but I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

Here's hoping Chloe consumes eighteen powdered doughnuts today, because I'm just not sure I have it in me to resist their forces another day.

1 comment:

  1. I say you move them away from temptation, tuck them up on the highest shelf behind something..
    if it were me I wouldn't be able to resist. good luck!

    ReplyDelete