Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cabin Fever

It's setting in. The cabin fever, I mean. Sure everything seems fine, but if you just take a step inside my house, you'd see it. Here are some mental snapshots for you:

***
"Sweetie, did you just put on new pajamas today?" the Mister asked when he got home for supper. I began to chuckle.
"NO! Oh my gosh. I just put new pajamas OVER my pajamas," I said, lifting my gray pants to show the blue penguin pants beneath. "It's too cold for just one pair of pajamas."

***
"You don't know about it, but I do!" Chloe said to her Ken doll, almost in tears. "I can't even talk to you! I'm putting you away!" she said scornfully as she shoved him into his Barbie drawer.  She then sat down at her table and surveyed her room, then continued talking to the Barbies.

***
"Hello?," the Mister said as he answered the shop phone around four p.m.
"Hey," I said.
"Hellooooo," he answered, as if asking why I called.
"Whatcha doing?" I asked.
"Working?" was his reply.
"Hm. Ok."
"Did you need something?" he asked.
"Um, I don't know. I was going to make potatoes tonight. What time will you be home."
"A little after five," he replied in a tone that makes me think he still didn't know why I'd called.
"Ok I guess I can go start them, then," I said cheerfully, glad to have a 'project' to start.
"Ok well I need to get back to work," he hinted.
"Aw, ok. I miss you! I'll see you later ok?!"
"Ok baby. Bye."

***
My internal monologue: I haven't checked Facebook in fifteen minutes. Maybe there's something entertaining there....

***
Jamie's e-mail has had six new messages from me in two days.

***
I need to fix my hair this morning, but it's been so long since I did it, I'm not sure I remember how.

***
Steve: What do you think Blue wants to be that is a person with big shoes who makes this sound (Bum bum bum)?
Me: A GIANT! A GIANT!

***
Having extensive conversations with the dogs no longer seems peculiar.

***
Internal monologue: I really need to shower and get ready for the day. . . . Nah never mind. I'll just put on more pajamas.


:)

Am I ever GLAD the roads are clearer today and I will be able to get out of this house!

1 comment:

  1. Very funny! Thanks for the laughs and hope you get out today and relieve that cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete