Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Days and Cocktails

It's Friday again!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooooo! I'm laying here thinking about changing my WWL weigh day to Fridays. I just realized that I pretty much let myself "off the hook" on the weekend, which may leave me a little pudgier on Monday morning than on Friday afternoon when I've been "good" all week. I use the term good loosely because I am more like that sneaky kid in the back of the classroom who has to try with every fiber of his being to not do bad things, and still sneaks a trick or two in when the teacher isn't looking. My "tricks" are carbs. The white, sugary, bad kind.

Anyway. You are looking for 5QF, aren'tcha? Mmhm. Ok. Here it is!  Happy Friday!






1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
I'd have to do some research first, but I'd probably donate it to a charity that works with children who are either sick, or need to be adopted. I can't imagine having to go through a life-threatening illness as just a baby, and I also can't imagine not having a Mommy and/or Daddy to love you unconditionally. That money wouldn't go far, but it could help one kid at least.



2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
I love snow days!!!!!!!!!  I really loved then when I was teaching, but I still look forward to them!  It means Chloe and I are homebound together for a day or two. If we go more than two days I get a little crazy, but for the most part I just love it! We stay in jammies all day long. I usually fix a big dinner, and Chloe and I entertain each other until the Mister gets home from work by playing Wii, board games, and even Barbies or critters. I don't feel obligated to "get ready" because I know we're not leaving, and we just have a great day!


3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
I wish I had some kind of musical talent. I'd LOVE to be able to play the piano beautifully. I wish it just came easily to me so I could play anything I wanted to hear whenever I wanted! I'd also like to have vocal talent. Heck, I'd settle for even just a little. You know, like the person on American Idol that sounds OK, but "needs a little work." Yeah that'd be ok. See. I'm not asking for much!


4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
Hm. I'm not really a 'junkie' of any of them. I guess if you forced me to watch either NBC, CSPAN, or E I would watch E, just because it's a little more entertaining. Politics bore me, and all they really do is irritate me. There's really not much you can do about politics other than cast your vote when you have the chance. I try to stay away from it. It's all a big lie/conspiracy in my opinion. Sometimes I'll watch the news, or get on a CNN kick, but it's usually depressing. Celebrity gossip is not the most interesting thing out there, but it's light-hearted and interesting at times. Yep, gimme the celeb gossip!


5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
Uh oh. We need a crash cart, STAT! We have a mama who is going to go into cardiac arrest!  Alright here it is Mama. Confession time. Sometimes I drink alcohol! Ahhhh quick! Hurry! She's fading...we're losing a pulse.......(someone save my mama!)

Ok. Now that she is under control, let's be clear about ONE thing. I DO NOT drink beer. Ever! Blah blah blech! If I'm out for a special occasion, I like Long Island Iced Tea or whatever fru-fru drink that particular establishment offers (Applebee's Bahama Mama!). If we're in, I like TGIFriday's Pina Colada that you blend, or a White Russian. And if I'm wanting something bold and reliable, a Coke and rum.

2 comments:

  1. Our answers this week are very similar. We both wish we could make beautiful music and enjoy drinking long island iced teas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Sis, I just read your blog! I didn't freak out too much. I already had a suspicion you indulged occasionally. (remember when I found the empty rum bottle at your old house?) I know you don't overdo it and by the way, you are a big girl now, right? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete