Monday, May 16, 2011

I wish Big Brother would bring back PB&J...



1. Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?
You know I don't have a simple answer, don't you?

I like crunchy peanut butter but only with grape jelly and on honey wheat bread. I especially used to love to eat it while watching Big Brother back when they did PB&J rather than slop. I miss those days....

Anyway, if I have white bread, it has to be smooth peanut butter with strawberry or blackberry jelly.

And I always cook with creamy (cookies, candies, etc.)


2. What is your favorite color rose?
I love roses in every color, and I'm always intrigued by the unique colors like orange and purple, but if I have to pick one over-all, I like the traditional deep red rose. It's so romantic looking and beautiful in kind of a dark, brooding way (if a rose could BE brooding...). I'm not really one to be wooed with flowers, but the cliche red rose is still probably the most appealing to my eye.

3. Do you remove your shoes when you walk into your home?
Yep. Especially since we have hard-wood and I can SEE the dirt they leave behind. That, and the fact that I am the one who is going to have to sweep it up if I don't. Once in a while I will keep them on if I am just running in to get something, but for the most part I kick them off at the door. I'm not a shoe off snob to others, though. I don't demand that shoes be removed. Just don't track mud or cow poop in and I'll happily sweep behind you when you leave ;)

4. What is your favorite season?
Over-all I would say it's fall. I love sweatshirts and jeans, warm days and crisp nights. I love how the air smells, how the trees look, and how the breeze feels. The nights seem so clear and beautiful. It's the time of year to start simmering soups and chili on the stove, baking bread, and lighting cinnamon candles. I get in the mood for the approaching holidays, and love every part of fall!

Summer comes in a very close second, and if it weren't for the sweltering Mid-west heat and humidity in August, it would probably win. I love being outside, having the sun brown my shoulders, splashing in the lake or swimming in the pool. Grilling and long sunny days. Warm starry nights. Fishing and MOWING :) Sweet tea, strawberries, and watermelon...and corn on the cob!

5. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend blogging?
I don't really "blog" every day. If I am posting, it takes me about thirty minutes start-to-finish (which includes linking to Facebook). If there are some interesting looking posts up, I read those, too. Any typical day I blog could consist of up to three hours total, but it's not a daily thing. So if I averaged my blogging hours I would say probably an hour a day total.

Crappy Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment