Friday, May 20, 2011

Facial Hair and a Bad Vacation

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm so tired of rain! This is NOT April anymore, Mother Nature. Remember how it was all sunny and 80s and BEAUTIFUL most of last month? Yeah. Haven't you heard April showers bring May flowers? You're really starting to bug me, lady! I can't get out of bed much less get in the mood to be all house wifey when it's pitch black in the house and thundering. So. Clean up your act, lady, or else!

Whew. Ok. I feel better. The good thing about this weather? I don't feel a bit guilty about snuggling up in my covers and spending the day with Gerard Butler. Not one bit. :)

Anyway, I'm between PS I Love You and Law Abiding Citizen, and Chlo is playing Polly Pockets (while blaring classic rock?), so I'm going to do some Five Question Friday for ya.

1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?

Pretty much. He has to get up early and I don't, so I could stay up a lot later. I'm a bit of a night owl. But if we want any good quality time together, we need to go to bed together. With the exception of Tuesdays (I watch 16&Pregnant/Teen Mom at 9 and Chelsea Lately at 10) I usually get Chloe in bed by 9 and we are in bed by 9:30. We spend a lot of time talking, whether it's mushy love yous or old grandpa-and-grandma-style bickery banter. That's when we have time to find that connection and wade through the separateness of our days back to a place where we're all in love. And...yanno...... ;)


2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?
NONE. I dislike facial hair and always have. I guess it looks ok on some guys, but I don't want it on my man. It's prickly and scratchy. I think it's just...gross. Ugh. The idea of growing hair on your FACE of all places just squeems me out. For real. I mean. You know it gets food and drool and Lord knows what else all caught up in it. Huh uh. No thank you. Keep it baby-butt smooth for me :)


3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?
Well, while no vacation is awful, of all the ones I've taken, there's one that was worst I suppose.

I'd been married to The Donor for a year. There was no baby yet. And we decided that a family vacation would be a good idea. We would rent a van and drive to Myrtle Beach with my mom and brother.

Good in theory.

But the truth is, it wasn't. Ok ok there were fun parts. We had a "nice time" so to speak. But I swore I'd never do it again.

The Donor was easily irritable and difficult to get along with. In a perpetual state of moodiness. Mom didn't always say the right things, which led to tension there. Tension I was left to bear ALONE. The Donor and my brother kind of stuck together doing fun "kid" stuff (night swimming, golfing, pool time), and I stuck with my mom. But I wanted to be a "kid" too, not another parent. So at night when they went out and about I was torn. I wanted to go with them, but felt bad leaving my mama alone to watch tv in the room. It was just a weird dynamic. And on top of it, we ended up with a real clunker of a van that broke down AND the AC went out while we were in SC. So the trip home was less than fun. It was June. It was sweltering. There were four of us who were sick of each other and hot and sticky. You do the math.

BUT. I got to go para sailing for the first time ever, and that was awesome, and you can't make the beach a bad place. You just can't. It was beautiful and I would love to go back.

Alone.

:)

4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?
I think the first blog I actually followed was Traveling Light. From there I looked through her readers, because she is someone I know personally and knew had good blog taste ;) 

The first blog I found on my own was Chibi Jeebs and the Neurotic Struggle, though that wasn't the name of it at the time, and she wasn't all supah-populah yet. Yeah. We go way back, me and the Cheebs :) I'm kind of fickle about what I will actually read, so I don't follow a whole lot of blogs, but the ones I do I absolutely love!

5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?
LOVE them. I can't wait until Chloe is tall enough to ride on the big rides. We took her to a big amusement park last year, and since it was just the three of us, we didn't get to ride any of the big stuff. We went back a few weeks later without her (shhh she still doesn't know!) and re-lived the fun on all the "big-kid" stuff. I love the whole atmosphere. I like the rides, the food, the sounds. Love it.

Well, I gotta get back to Mr. Butler now. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment