Monday, October 5, 2009

Pre-School

Today was the big day. It may have been more triumphant if I wasn't bogged down with what I've dubbed "piggie flu." No, I do not have Swine flu or any other flu variation. I just feel like crap and that's my over-exaggerative way to say it.

Today is Chloe's first day of pre-school. I still can't stop thinking about the fact that she's merely a few yards away from me at this very moment.

We talked about pre-school all weekend. She asked questions, I answered. We made her cubby collage. We picked a blanket and pillow to leave there for nap time. We picked out clothes for this morning. We put batteries in the camera.

I was running late (as usual) so I just snapped a few of her before we went out the door. We drove to school together, and I walked her to her class.

Her teacher, Mrs. Amber, was at the door to greet us. She called Chloe by name and showed her the cubby. She put blanky in there until nap time! Not sure how well that will go, but Chloe was willing.

Her eyes were lit up with excitement. Mrs. Amber introduced Chloe to a classmate, Abby. Chloe piped up, "HI Abby!" She is SO excited, and I truly hope this turns out to be a fun and productive day for her.

I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment