Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Very Late 5QF

I realize it is Wednesday, and a new 5QF will be up soon, but I liked the questions on this one and decided to go ahead with it, even though it's super late. I was in the middle of Wedding Week '11 so you can just excuse my lateness, right? I thought so ;)

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?

GREEN. We can have warm days out the wazoo, but it doesn't *feel* like spring until I start seeing some green. I get so tired of the literal dead of winter, and when the grass and trees pop, I feel all springy and happy :)

2. What was your best birthday ever?
I would say the year I turned 28. My life was in the dumps at that point, and I was at pretty much one of my lowest points. However, my friend Robin and her girls had a birthday night for me, and it was so much fun. We played Taboo, we drank dog-shampoo (hehehehe), we watched Katt Williams. I'm positive Robin made me brownies (hers are the best) and I had a whole night away from the chaos that was my life at that time. It was memorable at least.

Behind that? As far as all-time birthdays? I guess my 16th birthday was my favorite. We [girl scouts] were at Tan-Tar-A at a retreat for my birthday. The girls put together a little surprise party and cake for me, and we had a great weekend. And of course after that I could drive BY! MY! SELF! which was an amazing new freedom for me, and for my BFF Lindsey :)


3. What is your favorite dessert?
What ISN'T my favorite dessert? I love sweets. I'm seasonal. In the fall and winter, pumpkin pie, hands down. In the spring and summer? Strawberry pie. I'm also a sucker for those Reese's bars. When I'm out? Olive Garden's lemon cake is at the top of my list.


4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
I've only been issued a ticket once, and it was NOT my fault. It was later thrown out.

I've been pulled over a few times, but my submissive nature and sweet demeanor have always come through for me and got me off with a warning. I usually don't speed by enough to GET a ticket. The only time I do is on 83 when I sometimes go faaaaaaaaaaaaaast if I'm by myself. And I already have my plea ready for that one ;) You know, how I've NEVER had a ticket. I NEVER speed. And just this ONCE I wanted to see what it felt like to go FAST in my car. The car I've had for almost three years that's never been over 80 (er ah, almost never). Think it'll work??  ;)


5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
Oh the alarm clock. Such a thing of the past. I wake up when I feel like it :) But back in the day when I USED an alarm clock? I always hit snooze twice. I can NOT just wake up. I need time to stir. If my alarm is set for later than 8:00 though, I can usually wake up before it goes off.  Usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment