Friday, April 22, 2011

Five [Easter] Question Friday

Happy [Good] Friday!! I'm very excited for this Friday. I have my first date with my new HUSBAND tonight :) There are talks of a little couple's turkey hunting in the morning, and many other festivities this weekend! We're going to fry the turkey the boys got yesterday and have dinner with Uncle Dave, color eggs, and spend time together. The big bunny should be by tomorrow night, and we're heading to church with my mama on Sunday. I'm excited :)

Anyway. All that said, the other great thing about Friday is 5QF!!




1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?
That's a tough one since Easter seems to be a little different every year. One thing that The Mister and I started last year, though, was having Easter dinner at home, just the three of us. We are so often bustling around trying to see family on holidays that we don't get time to JUST be a family. So last year my mama got her choice of Easter service with us or dinner, and she chose service. After doing it, we found we really loved it, and we are going to continue it. We will go to church with Nana, come home and have our little family dinner, then probably see Mister's mama in the evening. I like taking time to just be together.


2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
Looooong hooooooooot baaaaaaaaaaaath. I take a shower if it's morning, or if I need to get ready to go somewhere, but if there's no hurry and my only purpose is to get clean before bed, you better believe it's a bath. Sometimes I run it full of hot water, then let the water warm up again and finish filling it to the TIPPY! TOP! Then I lock the door, put my earbuds in and be gonnnnnne! Ahh.

3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?
I can. I think. I was really good at it in driver's ed, and that would be the last time I did it! We had a ton of snow on the ground when I took my driving test, so all the parallel parking spots were full of plowed snow and I got an automatic score on that part. I've lived in small and smaller towns since then, and really never have a need to parallel park. When I do need to, there is usually a double-space open and I just slide right in. People NEVER stop for parallel parkers around here, either. Just a little random gripe ;)


4. What is your favorite Easter candy?
Reeses peanutbutter EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I start buying them the day after Valentine's and probably keep them in business throughout the Easter season. I mourn for a few weeks after Easter when my eggs are all gone and there are no more to be found. They are THE BEST!

I'm also with Mama on this one, I LOVE the SweetTart chicks and bunnies. Those were always my favorite in my Easter basket. I would eat them until my tongue was raw.

5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?
I think it's a pretty even mix. The Easter Bunny visits, but I don't put a lot of emphasis on any of the holiday characters. I let her believe, and I help the ol' bunny out with his deliveries, but I don't hype it up. I'm still having problems with the whole idea of "lying" about such characters. So I prefer to keep a neutral stance on that, and when asked, I will tell her the truth. I think.

We go to church on Easter, even if that's the only Sunday we go all year. Yeah. We've become "those" people. We used to go every Sunday, but lately that just doesn't happen. But we talk about the true meaning of Easter and I feel we put as much emphasis on the religious part as we do the bunny stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Easter weekend! I hope that you really enjoy it! :)

    I agree...sometimes it's really just so nice to have a quiet little holiday with immediate family..I like big get togethers..but sometimes it's just nice to quietly enjoy each others company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete