Friday, April 1, 2011

Back from hiatus....it's 5QF!

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!  It has been a crazy busy week for me, and I expect the next several weeks to be the same. I've been neglecting my blog, but I managed to get another Beast installment up, and I'm working on the conclusion to that episode as we speak.

I have been busy with all things wedding, and have been checking things right off my list. I feel like most of the hard stuff is done, and now it's just the fun little preparations :)

Anyway, without further ado, back from hiatus, it's time for FIVE Question FRIDAY!!








1. Have you ever had surgery?
I had a minor surgery after I had Chloe due to some complications I had with her. I was losing blood too quickly and they had to knock me out quick and get me to the OR. I didn't have time to be scared or panicked, because by the time I knew we were going, I was getting sleeeeeeeeeeppppppppyyyyyyyyy.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
YES. When I was in sixth or seventh grade my dad wrecked his El Camino (bahahaha). Of course we weren't wearing seatbelts (I'm not sure it even HAD seatbelts...because I've always clicked), and my brother was sitting on that middle arm rest thingy. When we hit, my dad threw his arm across, whacking my brother in the mouth, but keeping him intact.  I don't remember the impact, but my knees were bloody and my head and neck hurt something FIERCE. There were knee prints on the very top of the windshield where my legs had hit (if you know me, you know I wasn't sitting upright with my feet on the floor). Worried about my complaints, the paramedics took every precaution: putting me in a collar, on the backboard, and in the ambulance. No one rode with me :( and I was pretty sure the driver hitting all those potholes was doing more damage than the accident did. Turned out I was ok, just needed some big muscle relaxers and to take it easy for a few days.


3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
It's kind of hard to say. I've not had many medical emergencies, and when I have had them, I've had to be the calm, rational one. Chloe fell out of our bed one time, and while inside I wanted to be the freaking out, schizoid Mama, her dad was playing that role a little too well, leaving me to be the calm rational one who was trying to handle hurt child and freaking out parent. And like I said earlier, when I was in the midst of a medical emergency, I didn't know what was happening until I was already pretty well drugged. Knowing me, though, I'd be keeping my emotions under the surface, calm and taking it all in, then break down as soon as the storm was over.


4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
We have a garden, but it's not planted =/

However, we have five colorful little flower pots out front. Three with veggies and two with flowers. Chloe calls it her 'garden.' He he.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?

Welllll I went away to college when I was eighteen, and lived there during the school year. Then half-way through my second year I moved back home and began commuting to school. I did that until I got married the first time when I was twenty-two, and haven't been back :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like if I had any real medical emergency, I would *probably* be able to keep cool. Hopefully I will never have to find out.

    ReplyDelete