Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Welllll it's National Novel Writing Month. Did ya know that? I started doing this last year and ended up quitting when I got deathly ill the week before Thanksgiving. I wasn't feeling well enough to even get off the couch for a good two weeks, and that ended that.

This year I thought I wouldn't participate, after my quitting, but the pressure really helps me write more. I'm the WORST about writing 500 words and then poring over it for days, rearranging, re-writing, editing, etc.

So I decided I'd participate at home and not log my progress with the others. I had a little chunk of something I started and figured I could add 50,000 words to it (that's the goal of NaNoWriMo, to write 50,000 words in 30 days) and have it at least close to done.

Today I decided to make my commitment a little more public and log my progress. You can check out my little author page here.  I will update the synopsis as I get more written, and my goal is to change the excerpt weekly if you're interested in what I'm working on. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment