Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chunks of Thanksgiving

In the spirit of Thanksgiving approaching I decided I'm going to try (really hard) to be thankful every day this month. It's not a new concept. Bloggers and social networkers do it every year. I have never really participated, not because I'm not thankful, but because I'm not all that regular in my blogging. BUT. Rather than committing to blog daily, I just figure I will squish them all together in chunks every time I think of it :) So, here are five days worth of thanksgivings.

Nov. 1 - I'm thankful for fall. I know, it's broad, but I love this time of year so much, and November 1st finally FELT like fall. I love the cool breeze, the smell and feel of my hoodies, the crisp leaves, and all the delicious seasonal food. I. Love. Fall.

Nov. 2 - I'm thankful for my right to vote. Even when things don't go exactly as I think they should, I have the right to voice my opinion and make that opinion count. In a world where people die for that right, I feel pretty grateful for what we have.

Nov. 3 - I'm thankful to have a male in my life who is everything I've ever needed in a mate. He is strong, he works hard, he's loving, he's protective, and he's patient. He is attentive, and he treats us girls in a way we deserve. He is what I want Chloe to look for in a mate one day, and he is what I always hoped I could have in a partner. Now when I watch romantic comedies like Sweet Home Alabama, I don't think "I wish a boy would hold me that way," I think, "I'm so lucky to have that." :)

Nov. 4 - I'm thankful for one of my very best friends, Jamie. We've been friends since I was a freshman in high school. We've been through thick and thin, up and down, good and bad, and we still love each other. I've never had a friend who was so supportive and loving, and I don't know what I'd do without her!

And, since tomorrow is Five Question Friday, I will go ahead and be thankful ahead of time. I'm thankful for FRIDAYS! They are and always have been my favorite day. I especially love fall Fridays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment