Friday, November 5, 2010

Computer Geek in a Cabin

Happy Friday! Wowsa, I'm up and blogging early this morning, huh? Usually I'm just a rollin' outta bed by now :) I guess the excitement of Friday my aching back has got the best of me. It's back to a "regular" Friday, as I have a full weekend of work this week. My wallet is excited, my feet are dreading it. Me, I'm content. Now, let's get this show on the road and answer some questions!  Oh also don't forget to read "Letter to Me" and maybe write one to yourself :)


1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?
I would love to be able to sing, but I don't really have the personality of an entertainer. I'd be all dark and quiet like my love, Jamey Johnson (minus the drug and alcohol and hooker problems!) and probably never be super popular. So, my second choice is (yawn) computer geek. I know, how boring. I just wish I was super computer smart. People could bring their computers to my house, I could work on them on my own time (in my sweats) and steal their passwords and identities make giooood money doing it. (I was just teasin' about that. Don't get your panties in a bundle. Just being ornery. This early morning gig is new to me)



2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?
Ooooooooh can I have BOTH? I can't choose. I want a summer beach house where I can tan and listen to the ocean lap the sand.  I could build castles and collect shells. HEY! Maybe I could learn to make those little shell boxes and sell them to tourists. Yes, what a great idea.

But then when fall comes, I want out of there! I want cool weather, crisp leaves, and a shady little cabin back in the woods. I could watch leaves fall, squirrells scurry, and deer frolic happily through my back yard (until BAM! Bryan would shoot them and they'd no longer frolic...). I could have a toasty fire in the fireplace and wait for winter, when I could watch the snow fall and make hot cocoa and chop my own Christmas tree! Yep. I need both.

If you held a gun to my head and MADE me choose, I'd pick the cabin. Bryan would be happier there, and I couldn't go without my fall and my snow. I'd just have to visit the beach I guess.



3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?
I always always always wanted my first born daughter to have the middle name Mae. My grandma Willa (whose actual given name was Willie) died when I was three years old, and I absolutely adored her. I wanted to carry on her name somehow, and since Willa isn't the coolest name around, I stole her middle name and bestowed it upon my unborn child years before she was even a possibility.  Chloe is just a name I chose because I liked it. I originally wanted to name her Michaela, but I had a girl in school named Kayla who wasn't exactly my "favorite" person in the world (she called me a bitch!). Soooo I thought that was too close for comfort, and 3 M names were too many for one little girl. So I went with Chloe, a name I've liked since Chloe came to Days of Our Lives as a teenager :)


4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)
WHICH ONE????

Ok. I made mention of it before, but I will go all out here and tell you. I. Love. Teen Mom. I do. I have seen every episode, and I look forward to Tuesday nights at 9 when it's on (it's over right now). It's SO bad that even Chloe is aware. When we were in the checkout line at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, she went to the next aisle to look at the crap they lure kids with novelties, and came back toting US Weekly. She handed it to me and said, "Look, Mom, the girl from your show is on this magazine."  It was Amber from Teen Mom. I furrowed my brow as if I didn't know what she was talking about, then hunched over the magazine, reading the article while Mister Mister put the groceries on the belt :)


5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?
Ummmm. Is cluttered and occasionally clean an option?  :)

I try to keep the house straightened. I constantly remind Mister Mister that we DO have a laundry basket AND a closet. He's lived here much longer than I have, but I guess he was never introduced to those features!  Chloe's room is a lost cause. I just shut the door. I do my best to keep up with the rest of it, deep cleaning one room at a time (by "at a time" I mean every month or so). If you ever come visit, come on a Friday night. I get everything done on Friday to prepare for being at work all weekend. It's usually pretty clean and homey then.

Speaking of which, I need to get busy. I have an extra hour this morning, and I am going to USE it to get my stuff done early. I've got going out to do tonight!  Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Willa! That's actually kind of a cool name! But, yeah...I like Chloe much better!!

    I need to get my own butt motivated! My hubby is out in the woods shooting deer and it's my weekend to work, so we've got an aresenal of overnight guests coming to help with the kids! ACK!! What am I doing on the computer?????

    Guilty pleasure #2. And, an addiction. Hi, my name is Mama M. and I'm addicted to computer time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it could be kinda cool if she grew up to be a granola-eating long-haired ballet dancer or something...hmmm.

    You quit reading this and get to work!

    And by the way, I feel sooooooooo star-struck that the one and only Mama M commented on MY blog :) Made my day.

    ReplyDelete