Friday, October 1, 2010

I Want to be Minnie Mouse!

Well, if you're not my Facebook friend (then you should be, but that's another story), then you don't know that my Jamey Johnson concert was canceled. Boo hisss boo hooooo hoooo! I'm heartbroken. I was SO pumped about that, and now it's been snatched from me! But on a happier note I have some weekend time off coming up for birthday parties and family stuff, so that's something to look forward to I suppose.

Anyway, there is nothing exciting going on, except that I had a RECORD number of blog views yestetrday, oh yes I did! I've also added two new followers (yay newbies!), and feel like I am not just talking to myself every day after all :)

Anyway, it's time for five questions. Are you ready????


1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?
Well, I paid my social studies teacher in 6th grade to give me an International pen-pal. Her name was Miriam Alacouchie (yep I still remember). She was from Denmark. I wrote her four letters, and she never ONCE wrote me back. That's my luck, though, remember?

I met a girl at Super Summer, though, my very first year (after 7th grade). Her name was Shawna Mason, and we clicked instantly. She lived in Springfield, and we wrote each other letters over most of our high school years. We lost touch eventually, but I enjoyed having someone to write to about all the (boring) things going on in my teenage life. I have looked for her on Facebook, but there are probably five million Shawna Masons =/

Oh don't forget my farm guy pen pal ;)

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?
It's funny Mama M mentioned this, because I just told Bryan when we went to Worlds of Fun how much fun I think it would be to be a character at an amusement park. I wouldn't want to be Cinderella, though, I'd want to be one whose head is covered, like Minnie Mouse, or Snoopy, or Tweety Bird. Wouldn't it be fun to have children (and adults) beg for your photo all day? To hug little kids and make their whole day/vacation/life by spending time with them? I think it would be super cool.


3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?
Probably whatever happened on Rescue 911 that week. Even into my young adult years I have been one of those people who suddenly becomes afraid of whatever new is brought to my attention. My main fear as a child was of our house burning down. I remember when I got so scared about it that I quit using my night light (YIPES the dark!) because I was afraid it would start a fire.

I worried about car accidents, abduction, boating accidents, carbon monoxide, and animal attacks, all thanks to Rescue 911. Then when I was older I was sure I had every disease or ailment that crossed the doors of County General ER (remember when George Clooney was the cutest doctor around? Move over McDreamy!). I even remember using the "tricks" the doctors talked about to check myself for a brain tumor more than once ;) See my worrying goes waaaaaay back!


4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?
Ohhh I don't know. I'm pretty good at wasting time, so I could tell on myself and say Facebook, blogging, Grey's Anatomy re-runs (I've seen them ten times already!), and sleeping late. But all of those things bring me such joy, so are they really a waste of time?

Waiting in lines is the biggest waste of time I can think of. In traffic, at amusement parks, at Walmart, wherever. I hate hate hate waiting.



5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
Ooh I'm guilty here. I have a pair of Dr. Martens that are more than ten years old (those things are indestructable!), I also have my college sweatshirt, which is now more than ten years old. Other than that, just a few things from my early twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment