Friday, September 24, 2010

My Second Friday (with Five Questions, Of Course)

Well it's FRIDAY again!  It felt like Friday all day yesterday.  Bryan, Ryan, Sheila and I went to the Alan Jackson/Jerrod Neimann concert last night and had a blast!  Jerrod Neimann surprised me and was very entertaining.  He also has music that is MUCH better than his over-played, annoying "Lover, Lover" song.  And even though I've seen Alan Jackson at least six times before with my granny, it's been more than ten  years since I saw him, and I really enjoyed seeing him. It's fun to go to a concert where you know every song.  It was also my first time to see "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning" live, and that was powerful.

We made t-shirts for the KTTS Take Me Backstage contest.  We didn't win, but it made for a cute picture of us all.  (If you're my Facebook friend you'll see it later.  My connection is too slow to upload them here)  We sang, we danced, we clapped, we had a great time.  And after that fun night out, I still have a "real" Friday to look forward to!  And I'm alllllll alone today without a car, so there's no telling what all I will get done!  Go ME!

Anyway, let's get to the real meat of this blog.  The FIVE Questions!!  YIPEEE!


1. If you could speak with a different accent, what would it be (i.e Australian, Scottish)?

Wellllll the thing is I can speak with a different accent.  If you knew me in high school, you know my Mid-Missouri-half-hick-half-southern accent was much thicker in my younger days.  I worked very hard to correct it as much as I could when I went to college, and even more so when I changed my major to English.  I still remember Levi making fun of how I used to say my short "i" as in hill and pill (which sounded more like heeul or peeul) and my short "a" as in what (which sounded more like whut).  Yes Levi made fun of MY accent.  It was that distinct.  And if you know me well, and are around me a lot, you may hear it creep out when I'm nervous, excited, etc.  I'd say now that I'm not teaching it is coming back more, because just yesterday I noticed when Chloe said, "tomato" she said "tuh-may-ee-doh."  Maybe she gets it from Bryan...

If I had to choose another accent, though, I'd speak with a British accent.  Not the sloppy drunk hooker one, though, the prim and proper one.  I think it is the only accent that makes people sound smarter.


2. Can you fall asleep anywhere? (i.e floor, couch, deck)
I can't fall asleep just anywhere by choice.  If it's bedtime I can't just curl up on the back deck or out in the barn and drift into my dreams.  I have to be tucked into my covers and snuggled up with my sweetie. (I have, on occasion, fallen asleep watching TV, and once upon a time I lived on my old couch because it was more comfy than any bed I've occupied)  But, if my body gives out and I can't make it one more second, I have been known to konk out on the couch, chair, car, truck, bus, floor, teacher's lounge, and even kitchen table :)


3. Do you use public restrooms? If so, do you sit on the toilet?
I try not to.  There have been times I have had Bryan drive PAST the gas station and onto a gravel road, because I'd rather do my business behind the truck (only in the dark!) than have to go into a public restroom.  I despise having to take my little girl in them as well.  However, if I do have to go in, I hover.  Depending on the cleanliness of the bathroom, I either cover the seat for Chloe or hold her over the toilet, and I make her keep her hands on her head so she doesn't touch anything.  It's also possible that she thinks you get bites on your bum from those bottomless beach bathrooms *sheepish grin.*  What?  It could happen.  Don't worry.  I was scolded for that when Mom took her to the beach and used a bathroom there.  Chloe told her that Mommy says there are nasty bugs on those toilets.  Nana told her Mommy was wrong.  Then Chloe told Mommy she was wrong, but she wasn't sure enough to try it out ;)



4. If you were stuck in an elevator for 24 hours, what celebrity would you most want to be stuck with?
Hm.  If you know me, you're expecting me to say Dermot or Benny.  But I'm not sure that either of them could entertain me for 24 hours (now, now, don't go there).  So maybe Jack Johnson, or Jamey Johnson (woah big difference there!) to musically entertain me, and mabye make me famous in a song.  Or maybe John Mayer. I know he's a douche, but I'm a cynic, so we might just get along ;)  As far as same-sex celebs, I could handle hanging out with Chelsea Handler for 24 hours.  We could definitely be friends.

5. Where did you & your significant other go on your 1st date?
Ohhh the first date that we planned and went on alone (our first actual dinner date included his dad) was to Applebees and a movie.  :)  We had been talking for a while, and had been around each other some already, but I was so nervous.  We had fun, though. Awwwww.  *Remembering*  Every date since then has been just as fantastic.  I love him oh yes I do :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is SO RANDOM but I had to share this with you because of our common love for A Christmas Story. ;o)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kL5oOiHRk

    ReplyDelete