Friday, October 21, 2011

Give me a bubble bath and a DVR...

1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough?

I used to drop Chloe off with Mom and go walk. But that's not an option anymore, and if I go, she is tromping behind me, whining, wanting me to stay, or take her, or pull her wagon, or something. So usually I go to the bathroom. I run a full bath and lock the door. If I'm lucky hubby doesn't pick the lock, and Chloe doesn't bang on the door yelling, "MOM! I HAFTA PEEEEEE!"

But I'm not all that lucky ;)


2. What shows are you watching this fall?
Let's see. I'm watching X Factor and Grey's Anatomy. I WAS watching Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant until they RUDELY ended the season and replaced it with I USed to Be Fat. I'd be watching more if we had DVR. But we STILL don't. So I'm not. And I'm not ONE BIT bitter about it. Nope, nope, nope.

3. What was the longest roadtrip you've ever taken and where did you go?
The longest road trip I've ever taken *literally* is to Wyoming. I went twice, once with my granny and grandpa, and once with my youth group. But I've blocked out the latter, so I shall say Wyoming with grandma and grandpa at age 12.

The longest *seeming* road trip was the trip home in a rented mini-van whose a/c went out and whose belt was squeaking with a grouchy (now ex) husband, a stressed-out mom, a relatively cool brother, and my own self (which can be as bad as a rotten toddler at times he he). I'm pretty sure I spent the whole trip with an empty apple-juice bottle filled with ice stuck down my shirt.

4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World?
I don't plan on it, no.

I'd like to, I really would. But there are just so many OTHER things we could do with the money a Disney trip would cost us. Probably two family vacations that would be JUST as fun and memorable.

But we'll see. You never know what the future holds. I'm not against it, I'm just certainly not planning it.


5. What is something people would surprised to know about you?
I don't know that there is much of anything that would surprise "people" in general.

People I only know professionally or as acquaintances might be surprised at how *not* shy I can be.

People who have known me my whole life might be surprised at how quiet I am (sometimes).

Most people are surprised that I don't eat any water-dwelling creatures of any kind, and that I don't like Chinese, but YOU probably already knew that :)

Some people might be surprised at how sensitive I am, and how easily my feelings get hurt (though I try not to show it).

While others would be surprised at how sarcastic and mouthy I can be.

Depends on who you are I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea! I hope you are feeling well! I am not a fan of eating water dwelling things either!

    I gave you an award today! Its on my blog if you want to check it out!

    http://www.rachelpicturethis.com/2011/11/i-am-so-grateful-today-to-have-received.html

    ReplyDelete