Friday, October 14, 2011

Fridays aren't what they used to be...

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!! A few short months ago Friday was so much different. Fridays were always eat-out nights. We might eat local and get a big juicy cheeseburger, or go out in Springfield and have steak. Maybe Applebee's or Olive Garden. I was staying home then, so the house was always clean and the chores were done by Friday afternoon. The coming weekend either meant one-on-one time with my hubby while Chlo was gone, or lots of fun family activities. If we were sans Chloshmo, a few drinks on Saturday night were always a possibility, whether playing cards with his family, or building a bonfire, or just relaxing at home. I cooked a big breakfast and dinner on Sundays. I rode along for farm work, or took Chloe to the park. We'd be outside a lot, and always had something going on.

Now I look forward to Fridays because it means the end of the work week. I can go to bed at 9:00 and sleep as late as I want. I can take my medicine and take a nap on Saturday. I have extra time to finish laundry and catch up on house work. I don't enjoy eating at all. I mostly look forward to two days curled up on the couch with my blanky and my unconsciousness :)

Either way, Friday means Five Questions, though...

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?

Hand-dipped chocolate chip on a sugar cone, please :)

But I'll eat ice cream pretty much any way you serve it. I love it. Especially in the fall and winter (weird?). It's my favorite night-time snack, and lucky for me, the bebe tolerates it well and lets me eat it often :)

2. What three things do you love the smell of?
Bread baking is my favorite smell. Ahhhh I love it. It reminds me of holidays at my grandma's house, and it reminds me that very soon there will be warm, fresh bread to be eaten. Mmmmm.

Newborn babies come in next. That sweet, yummy baby smell--there's nothing like it. When they out-grow that "fresh" stage, they still smell good in all their powder and lotion and baby goodness. Mm.

Finally, don't laugh. . . Hubby's pits.  His deodorant smells soooooooooo good (Degree) and although he shakes his head at me, I think he secretly likes when I nuzzle up next to him, stick my nose under his arm and say, "Mmmm babe your pits smell soooo good."  What. You don't sniff your hubby's pits? Interesting...

3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)
I love getting gift cards. Don't get me wrong, I love cash, too, but I'm too often tempted to spend it on groceries or gas. With a gift card to a restaurant we love, or a store where I shop, I have no choice but to use the funds at that particular place. I always enjoy the week after Christmas or my birthday when we get to go eat out "for free," and I don't feel guilty having dessert or a pricey appetizer. Or when I get to go to Maurices and get new jeans or a cute new top and not use my plastic. I always think of the giver and appreciate getting (or eating) something I really enjoy.

I used to never give gift cards, because I feel like it's a cop-out and I'd rather choose a gift, but then I realized that I tend to appreciate the "choose-for-yourself" gift just as much as one with thought put into it, and usually the gift card is more practical, so I finally let go of that stigma and started using them frequently, trying my best to choose a store/restaurant that I know will make the recipient happy. (that was a really long sentence...)

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?
I "attempted" to play basketball in 8th grade. I stuck it out for the whole season, but I hated it and never played sports again. The end.


5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?
I was not in band. When we went to band orientation the first few days of 6th grade I really thought I wanted to be in band. The band teacher even called my mom and told her that my testing showed I had an ear for music (tell that to my singing voice!) and that he could help fund my instrument if I wanted to join. However, the band room was not air-conditioned, and those first few August days flared up raging migraines for me, so I wanted no part of it. If I opted out of band I would be safely in an air-conditioned windowless classroom learning about speech or something. So I didn't join. Tragic, eh? But if I HAD joined band, I wanted to play saxophone (like Lisa Simpson hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment