It's Friday!! Hooray! I haven't had the time or write-mindedness to do a five questions in a long time, so I thought I would break the cycle today. Something about the beautiful weather just makes it easier to write.
1. Will you run to the store or to pick up a kid looking a mess?Years ago this would have been a big fat NO. Not under any circumstances. Being a teacher meant running into people I knew CONSTANTLY. And I just couldn't have my students see me in sweats and a pony-tail with no make-up!
I still *prefer* to have my hair washed and chiiiied the day of any outing, but there are times when I will bite the bullet and go in public looking less than normal. If I don't have to exit the car, absolutely. If we're just going to feed cows, sure. If it's an emergency that requires me to leave (ah hem, hubby needs jeans because his just ripped), then I will do what I have to, but I am still super self-conscious about it.
2. Do you finish a book if it's boring or you don't like it?Nope. If it doesn't grab me in the first few chapters I quit. I don't feel one bit bad about it, either. Even if it was for an assignment, I would give it up and read the cliffs notes...or spark notes :) But shhhh. English majors (or degree-holders) aren't supposed to do that! That's like a math geek using a calculator for 9x6 or something hehe.
3. Beach or mountain vacations?I loved loved loved our mountain vacation. BUT. Given the choice I would choose beach over mountains anytime. I just love the beach. Specifically the Gulf coast. It's where I want to be most of the time. The smell of salt in the air gets me every time. And somehow the sun just *feels* different down there.
Take me now.
4. What thing/event says "winter will end and spring is right around the corner" to you?GREEN.
When the weather warms up it's very nice. But if things are still dead and brown I just can't feel spring. It's after the first rain and the subsequent sunny day when the grass starts to green and the trees begin to bud that it really FEELS like spring to me. A day much like today. I noticed the grass becoming lush for the first time this morning, and finally came to terms with the fact that winter is over. We got NO good snow, and it's time to move on and get in the spring/summer groove.
5. Would you prefer couples or family vacation?I dunno. I wrestle with that a lot when I'm dreaming of taking off one weekend to go somewhere. I had SO much fun on my girls only family Pensacola trip. Chloe enjoyed it SO much and STILL talks about it. But I also kinda got gyped on my honeymoon with the mister having Bells Palsey and the onset of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, so we didn't get to fully enjoy a couple's vacation.
So I need one of each, please.
One beachy adult vacation complete with non-pregnancy, fruity drinks from the tiki-bar, and lazy days on the shore.
And one fun-filled family vacation with lots of activities, kid-friendly stops along the way, and my video camera.
Now I want to go on vacation pretty bad :(