Friday, November 11, 2011

I love my bulldog, my granny, and Dairy Queen

Ohhhh I'm so happy it's Friday. Not AS happy as I was a few days ago, when Chloe had a dentist appointment today that was RUDELY  moved to Monday. I could be on my way to Springfield right now, holiday tunes blaring, thinking about what delicious lunch Chloe and I would be having.....

Guess I have a reason to look forward to Monday now.

Anyway, it's Friday and it doesn't feel like Friday without five questions. So here we go.


1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?

Rocky. Our full-blooded, champion blood-line English Bulldog.

We felt so guilty after we got him that we tried to pass him off as a pound puppy...hehe. But no one was buying. And while we DID get a great deal on him AND can make mucho moolah off his er, ah..."goods," we still spent too much for a farting, stinking dog.

But at the time, we didn't think a baby was anywhere in the near future.  Oh little did we know that two weeks later one would start a cookin' in there!

But look at this face. Can you REALLY put a price on it???


 
2. What celeb chef would you want to make you dinner?
I'm going to go with Rachel Ray. She doesn't make anything that is too "out there," she cleans as she goes, and she makes dinner in 30 minutes or less :) That's my kinda cooking. She knows how to give old favorites a new twist without going too crazy.

I also wouldn't mind having Michael Simon...but mostly just because I like to hear him talk :)


3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?
Right now everything goes in the spare bedroom. It's got everything from our gun cabinet to our wedding stuff to our photos.

But that's not going to be a "spare" bedroom for long. In about six months it will have a squishy baby inhabiting it.

At which point, I'd say I'll start packing stuff to the basement.



4. Who is your oldest living family member?
That'd be my Mimi


She is my dad's mom, my only living grandparent, and pretty much the best grandma anyone could ever even dream of! Oh my goodness I could write post after post after post about her! She lived down the street from me when I was growing up, and we did everything together! She sewed all kinds of things (even Barbie dresses) for me. She took me all kinds of shopping. She baked and cooked like a REAL grandma. She rocked me even when I was too big and too old to be rocked. She is an amazing woman and I am so glad to have had her in my life all these years!

She turned 83 in July :)


5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo (ie: cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper)?
Oh man. I sit in the DQ drive-through debating what to get EVERY. TIME. Hubby always says, "You know what they have, why do you have to read the menu?"  To which I reply, "I know, but I can't decide."

My top favorite things? The chocolate-covered strawberry waffle bowl sundae, and the chocolate brownie blizzard. But there are a million other things I LOVE.

As for Sonic flavored drinks? I like chocolate Coke and cherry Coke. But not choclate cherry Coke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment