Friday, September 23, 2011

I haven't done a Five Question Friday in a long time, but I'm feeling more like myself today, so I thought I'd give it a go. It's been a crazy few weeks. I've been sick. I've been emotionally drained. But today, little Bebe is giving me a break. Little Bebe says "I sorry Mama. I be nice to you today. I just lay here and grow my little eye buds and leave you alone k?" And today I love little Bebe a little more for it :)


Anyway. On with the show.

1. Dream job...realistic and completely unrealistic.

Realistic(ish) would be a bebe nurse. You know, the ones that check on the little newborns. Tell the Mamas what to do. Take the first picture. Give the first bath. That kinda stuff. But the unrealistic part of that is I don't wanna draw blood, give shots, or do anything that would make the bebe cry, even if it's for his own good! And nothing that would make me squeamish.

Unrealistic. I'd be a singer. That's totally unrealistic because (whispers) I can't sing.

But I love music so much, and I think it would be so fun to tour the country just singing and dressing up every night. And making lotsa money.


2. Do you fart in front of your significant other?

Gawsh. I don't talk about my pregnancy here because I don't wanna talk about my lady parts with the whole world...now you wanna talk about my, ah, corn-holio? ;)

Yeah. When it happens, it happens, and I spare myself the anguish of trying to keep it all in until he's not around. But it took a lonnnnnnnnng time for me to get there (and for him...though not quite AS long).

And I still don't poop when he's in the house....unless it's a dire emergency. TMI? Yeah...probably.

3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home? How far and where was it?
Wyoming, I think. I don't know how far it is from Missouri to Wyoming, but I think that's the farthest. Went with my grandma and grandpa one year, then went with my youth group (KILL ME!) later in my teens.

Wait. I lie.

I've been to LA. That would be the farthest.
And someday, I will tell you that story. Someday.

But not today.
4. How do you celebrate birthday for your kids? Family only or friends? ... Alternate for those without kiddos: How did you celebrate birthdays as a kid?

We have always just had a family party (including family friends), but now that she is in school we will invite munchkins. I plan to have the party somewhere other than my home, and I'm only doing one party, so if family wants to come, they can endure the screaming children. If not, drop a 20 in the mail and call it good ;)


5. Fave thing about fall?
Oh my goodness. I LOVE fall. All of it.
I guess my mostest favoritestest thing is the weather. Cool, crisp mornings, sunny warm afternoons. Jeans. Hoodies. Boots. Cool clear nights, good for bonfires and blankets. Snuggling up on the couch with my fuzzy blanket watching the new tv shows. Ah. I love.
But I also love the food. Apples. Apple pie. Pumpkin pie. Chili, soups, hot drinks. Cinnamon flavored anything. I bake the most in the fall.
And then there's the impending holidays. Getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Taking Chloe out for Halloween. Ooooh I love fall so much. I wish it stayed longer!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the babe is giving you a break today! Perhaps you have turned the corner and will feel a bit better each day!

    ReplyDelete